As the COVID-19 pandemic continues worldwide, UPMC is doing everything we can to keep our patients, workers, and community safe.
We continue to offer MyUPMC Video Visits for preventive and other care. But it is safe to come into the hospital for routine and emergency care.
Read on to find steps we’re taking to keep you safe.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe for Updates and Information from UPMC
Sign up for COVID-19 Alerts from UPMC
Safety at UPMC During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Even during the COVID-19 pandemic, you shouldn’t delay your other health care needs. Whether you need a routine checkup, an imaging scan, or care for a chronic health condition, it’s important to stay up to date with your care. Delaying your care could cause more problems later.
Contact your doctor to discuss your medical situation and whether you may need a procedure or treatment at one of our facilities.
If you do need to visit one of our locations for care, it is safe to do so. We are taking every precaution to keep all patients, staff, and community members safe. Some of our safety measures include:
- We ask that patients, support persons, and all others self-screen for COVID-19 exposure and symptoms before coming to our facilities. If you have mild symptoms of COVID-19 like cough, shortness of breath, or fever, or if you have a known exposure to someone with COVID-19, do not enter our facilities. Call your doctor to see about getting tested for COVID-19. View our procedures for COVID-19 testing at UPMC.
- We have the protective equipment necessary to care for patients with serious infections, including COVID-19.
- We are restricting visitors and volunteers. See our current visitor policy.
- We require all patients, staff, support persons, and essential guests to wear facemasks and practice social distancing throughout our facilities.
- We perform regular, rigorous cleaning of our facilities with hospital-based disinfectants.
To learn more about how we’re responding to COVID-19, visit our website.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.