This simple recipe has all the flavors of the holidays with only a few ingredients. Make this soup for a savory addition to any holiday meal.
Total time: 35 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Recipe serves: 8 cups
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced into cubes
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cut-up butternut squash and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until squash is softened.
- Pour entire contents of pot into blender. Add salt.
- Blend until smooth.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories (per serving): 135
4g fat; 1g saturated fat; 24g carbohydrates; 4g sugar; 884mg sodium; 3g fiber; 1mg cholesterol
Editor's Note: This recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.