These easy-to-make confections combine two of the season’s signature flavors — cinnamon and almond. Substitute coconut sugar for traditional white sugar (the former is filled with critical minerals, like potassium, iron, and zinc).
Ingredients for Almond Christmas Star Cookies
- A dash of vanilla extract
- Two cups of almonds (you can buy them grounded or chop them up yourself)
- Half cup of coconut sugar, substituting for white sugar
- One tablespoon of ground-up chia seeds
- Two tablespoons of water
- Two tablespoons of your favorite kind of maple syrup (try low-calorie)
- Three teaspoons of ground-up cinnamon
How to Make Healthy Almond Christmas Stars
- Pre-heat your oven to 320 degrees
- Grind your almonds into your flour
- Add chia seeds and water into a bowl and whisk together. When you’re done, place your mixture in the refrigerator
- Add coconut sugar, ground almonds, cinnamon, and vanilla powder into a bowl and thoroughly mix together
- Add the chia mix to this bowl, along with maple syrup. Mix everything together until your dough forms.
- Roll your dough — but make sure it’s not too thin!
- Cut stars using cookie cutters (or any shape you’d like to make)
- Place the cookies on a tray lined with baking paper
- Bake for eight to 10 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Allow your cookies to cool for several minutes
The inspiration for this recipe came from HeavenLynnHealthy.com.