It’s no secret that salmon is a smart heart-healthy choice when it comes to picking out a protein to prepare. Jazz it up a notch with a sweet and tangy apricot cranberry glaze and serve with a side of steamed broccoli or sautéed zucchini for a truly colorful plate.
- Combine apricots, dried cranberries, and juice. Cover and let rest until dried fruit is rehydrated.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
Prepare the fish
- Spray each side of fillets with vegetable oil spray.
- Season each fillet with 1/16 teaspoon pepper and 1/16 teaspoon salt.
- Place salmon flesh side down on grill. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn and cook for another 2 minutes. The minimum internal temperature should be at least 145 F (for 15 seconds).
- Serve with some sauce over the fish.
- 1/16 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1 4-ounce wild-caught salmon fillet, thawed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 7/8 ounces dried apricots, cut into strips
- 12 ounces cranberries, dried and sweetened
- 4 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1/4 ounces light brown sugar
Editor's Note: This recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.